Monday, October 17, 2011

2007

2007 was a big year, I got a lot done on the hardscape, the inside and the porch. I also got my first violation from the building Dept for the porch... I started off with a little down and dirty driveway and patio project. I didn't have the means to do a nice paver job so I threw out some pea gravel instead for both the patio and drive.












Time to turn to the porch, I was lucky to find some carpenters who worked on the side, I supplied the material and paid them by the hour like a GC and worked along side them as their helper.






When they weren't around I took the time to do some elaborate joinery for my "repaired" ;) porch.

 
I was able to sink the money I saved foregoing a rapist, I mean contractor  ;) into some quality materials, 5/4" tongue and groove mahogony decking with a 5-1/2" Ipe band around the edge.  Finished off with Brazilian Rosewood oil from Penofin, it glows...




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment